AMPScript and CloudPages together give you possibilities to integrate with SFMC, but:
- Disadvantages are like API integration
- AMPScript is a proprietary Salesforce code library that is less known
- CloudPages can capture leads but, again, marketers are better off using CMS or drag-and-drop landing page builders.
No-code integration solutions require no rare knowledge and allow users to connect to other no-code solutions.
Native Connector (Marketing Cloud Connect) Integration
Native connectors offer you a simplified standard way to integrate, but:
- The typical integration points are Sales or Service Cloud, not SFMC
- Developer dependency will cease but you’ll still require an admin
- Sync is not real-time
Yet, no-code solutions for integration in SFMC connect with nearly every data point while syncing in real-time.
FTP offers easy setup that digests large data volumes, but:
- It’s not secure, nor considered a best practice
- Syncing occurs in a batch (usually hourly)
- Lack of error notifications makes debugging time-consuming
Alternatively, no-code SFMC integration is secure, supports more campaign types, and is monitored easily.
Middleware (e.g., MuleSoft) Integration
Middleware is robust for large data volumes and offers real-time integration, but:
- The tech stack sits on enterprise level, not just in marketing
- They’re typically managed by IT
No-code integration solutions enable marketers!